Thursday, April 10, 2008

Google Alerts

"Google Alerts" is a fun feature of Google, and it's free. It's like an online clipping service. All you have to do is provide a search item, your e-mail address, and select a couple of options to get it going. What happens next is that you will get an e-mail from Google Alerts containing capsule summaries and links to articles that relate to your search item.

I have 3 such Google Alerts. They are my last name, Jericho, and East Boothbay. I selected the daily frequency and the comprehensive search criteria. Each day I get 3 e-mails, each returning information of interest to me.

If you get too much information (I don't), you can modify your search criteria. It is also very easy to cancel an alert. You can do this right at the bottom of every incoming e-mail.

Sign up here

No comments:

Post a Comment