Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Windows XP SP3

Service Pack 3 for Windows XP is expected to be available at the end of this month. As usual, my recommendation on an update as important as this one is to wait a while before installing it on your machines. I have read that it will not be considered a high priority update, initially at least, and therefore not an Automatic Update. This is good news. The date for that will likely be in June or later, depending on the level of noise generated by those who choose to download it as an option before then.

I will install SP3 on my machine in mid-May and will report back here on my experience, so stay tuned. Also, I will alert readers about the exact date SP3 will become an automatic update. You should know that just because an update is Automatic this does not mean you must get it. There are ways you can indicate that you don't want certain updates. More in a later post on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment