Friday, November 28, 2008

Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware

Okay, I am sold on this free program. It is very impressive. It scans quickly and finds things Spybot does not find. Yesterday I ran Spybot and it finished up with the Congratulations, no problems found message. I then ran Marwarebytes' Anti-Malware  and it found 11 problems.

I have run it enough now on various machines to feel confident in letting it remove everything it finds.

Download it at download.com (see link below). It is easy to install. I opt out of the two icons they offer, but do leave the update now and run options checked. When it opens up, it will look for updates. Then for your first run you might just do a Quick Scan to see how it operates. Later on sometime do a Complete Scan.

As your comfort level increases with usage, check out the tabs up on top of the scan window, oh, and do click on the update tab to check for updates before you run it for the second time and thereafter.

When it finishes a scan, it will show you a log file in a separate window that it will open. So far I have not seen any value in the log, and will find out how to disable it eventually.

Please write me if you have any trouble downloading, installing, or running this tool.

Download Malwarebytes" Anti-malware here

No comments:

Post a Comment