Thursday, November 5, 2009

Windows 7 Update

Unable to get the Windows 7 DVD setup.exe program to run, I decided, after many dead-end trials (I tried to load the program on multile machines and it failed), to return the product to Amazon. I did request a replacement as opposed to a return because I had purchased this at a pre-order price of $49.

My DVD package was sealed and therefore I blame Microsoft for providing a non-functioning product DVD to Amazon. Now I realize that Microsoft probably never came near these DVDs, but obviously they are responsible for ensuring quality controls are implemented.

In the meantime I have decided to install Windows 7, after I get my replacement, on an older desktop unit instead of sacrificing my only working Vista machine.

Nice note from Amazon:

Hello,

I'm so sorry about the problem you had with your Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade.

It is certainly not our intention to ship defective products to our customers, and we will investigate the origin of this problem as soon as possible.

We always appreciate customer input on how we can improve our store, and I've forwarded your message to our shipping department, as I know they'll want to read about your experience.

In order to compensate for the inconvenience caused, I've placed a new order for you at no charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment