Monday, December 7, 2009

Mixed Bag

I am sitting here working on 3 different laptops, two of them mine! One is running good old Windows XP, a second is running Windows Vista (a customer machine), and the third is running Windows 7.

I still am not a Vista fan, and again I encourage those of you who run Vista to download and run the Microsoft Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor. It's a free utility, and you can get it here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/upgrade-advisor.aspx. See how compatible your computer would be with Windows 7. If you pass the test, then I strongly urge you to watch for sales on Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade. My experience in doing that upgrade is that I shall not look back, and I really like Windows 7 a lot. Oh, and if possible, add 2GB of RAM to your machine first, although mine is running very well (better than it did when it was Vista) in just 2GB of RAM total.

I am not quite ready to upgrade my Windows XP machines, as I did my Vista laptop. I have a lot invested in my XP machines, in terms of applications installed and XP performance. In short, I see no need to upgrade my XP machines, although someday I probably will.

If you have questions about any of this, please comment on this post (click on Comments below) or write me.

No comments:

Post a Comment