Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Facebook

I wonder if most of you are Facebook users. I have been a member for quite a while, and as more and more people join it gets more interesting. I just "discovered" through their Search facility a young woman I worked with at IBM in 1968-1975, so the last time I even saw her or heard from her or of her was 35 years ago. In her profile I learned that she went on to other companies and became a Vice President of a major tech company! How great for her. It was fun to see this and to send her a "hello" message with congratulations after all of these years. I think she was about 27 then. She too is retired now and enjoying her grandchildren, much the same as I am enjoying ours. What a nice thing this Facebook system can be when used like this. I look forward to discovering many other classmates and friends and co-workers whom I haven't seen or heard from in many, many years. It's a nice way to share and relive some good old memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment