Monday, July 26, 2010

Making Windows XP Last for Another 4 Years

This is an oldie but goodie that I first posted in 2008, and at that time the post was titled Making Windows XP Last for Another 6 Years! Note that the title has been changed to 4 years!!

I have come to use my desktop, referenced in the original post, much less these days. As a matter of fact since we moved I have not unpacked it. I have become quite happy using a laptop. I have 2 Acers, and one runs Windows XP and the other, my new primary machine, runs Windows 7. 

If you have Windows XP, whether a desktop or laptop, and want to continue using it for some time, you are in good company and can plan on using it for another 4 years if you keep it updated and follow my recommended security suite of free programs. One note I would make is that I did upgrade the RAM from 1GB to 2GB, and I would urge you to do the same if your machine has that capacity.


No comments:

Post a Comment