Thursday, October 21, 2010

Office for Mac Isn’t an Improvement

This comes as a disappointment to me. I was hoping for a rich Office product for my MacBook Pro. I even figured I would have to spend $200 on it because I use Outlook for my e-mail. Now I am not so sure.

From David Pogue of the New York Times:

"Last week, though, Microsoft released Office 2011 for Mac, the first new version in several years. The Home version ($120) comes with Word, Excel and PowerPoint; the Business version adds the Outlook e-mail program (formerly called Entourage), which goes for $200. Much of the work Microsoft has done is to make the Mac version of Office look and work more like the Windows versions.
The new Office suite has gotten rave reviews from my colleagues at other publications. Clearly something must be wrong with me; I think that, in day-to-day usability, Office 2011 is a big step backward."

No comments:

Post a Comment