Wednesday, November 3, 2010

MSRT

A very observant and astute follower asked if Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal Tool should be included in my security baseline.

Very good question. To be truthful, I think she was correct to ask and I frankly forgot about it.

MSRT, as has been posted here more than once, comes out once a month along with the usual monthly Microsoft updates. When that happens, I am all over it and run a FULL SCAN with the new MSRT. I have said I view it as insurance, and free at that. I also found out that Microsoft only runs a quick scan when the update is installed, so I figured why not run a full scan once a month just as extra added protection?

I don't know if I should include MSRT in the security baseline. I won't, for now at least, but I thank the reader who brought this to my attention, and I strongly encourage all of you to do as I do and run a monthly full scan.

No comments:

Post a Comment