Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Patch Tuesday

I just finished installing 27 updates to my Windows XP laptop that were downloaded over night! I think that is a record for me. It is very unusual to see so many. I am happy to say that all 27 installed successfully and only needed a system restart to get them all doing what they were meant to do. The number of updates any one user gets will vary depending on your own software environment.

One of these, as expected, was the April 2011 issue of Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal Tool. As always, I recommend that you run a Full Scan of this tool as a little extra insurance that all is well with your system. (START/RUN/MRT/OK) and then select the Full Scan. Let it run while you continue to use your machine for other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment