Wednesday, February 8, 2012

How to Tell if a Link Is Safe Without Clicking on It

This is an incredibly powerful and valuable article. I learned a lot in reading it. So many of the rogue programs and viruses that infect, or worse, our systems are launched when one of us clicks on a link imbedded in an e-mail or Facebook or on a website. Here are ways to check out the web site without going to view it, or worse, getting bitten by it!

I HIGHLY recommend everyone to read this article from PCWorld in its entirety and that you save some of the links in it to your Favorites or Bookmarks. I am going to do so and name the Bookmarks CheckSite - xxxxx where xxxxx is the site name. In this way I can find them easily (after sorting my Bookmarks) for an easy check on a suspicious link. Make sense? If not, write.

I think this is important!

"Here's what to do with a link that looks suspicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment