Thursday, March 15, 2012

gasbuddy.com

I suppose I could assume that you all know about gasbuddy.com, but then even if I enlighten only one or two of you I think it's worthwhile to post this info.

I am not really sure how large their database is, but I can tell you that for my area it is quite large (number of gas stations) and amazingly current - largely because of their technique of deleting items after something like only 24 or 48 hours.

So I encourage you to try it out and, if so inclined, sign up and do some reporting of gas prices in your local area. The more people who do this, the better the chance that, at least at a local level, we can make the providers more competitive. Go to gasbuddy.com and key in your zip code to see what kind of database they have for your local area.

No comments:

Post a Comment