Monday, April 30, 2012

Free Antivirus You Can Trust

I just had to post this article! How could I not when it's about free anti-virus programs?

The writer, Nick Mediati, PCWorld, doesn't rank my recommended anti-virus (Microsoft Security Essentials - MSE) very high, but it is on his list of the best programs. Besides, the differences that make MSE # 5 on his list are so small that there isn't all that much difference as you go down the list.

I manage just fine with MSE, and have not had an issue with it ever. Do keep in mind that my recommended security suite includes several other free programs. See http://pcdocsblog.blogspot.com/2012/04/security-baseline.html to see what the other programs are. I run this suite of programs on all of my PCs, but of course not on my MacBook Pro. Good news for Mac owners is that Avast, also ranked in the subject article, now has a free anti-virus program for Macs.

So here is today's feature article. I hope all of you are using one of the top-rated free anti-virus programs ranked herein!

No comments:

Post a Comment