Monday, February 2, 2009

FileHippo.com Update Checker

I frequently use FileHippo.com as a download site, especially when I want an older version of a program, and not the most current one. Yesterday I was on their site and noticed that they have a FREE utility program called FileHippo.com Update Checker. I read a little about it and decided to try it. Once downloaded you can run it at will and it will scan your system and let you know of any programs you have installed that may be out of date. I ran the program and learned that my versions of CCleaner, SuperAntispyware, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and Spybot were all out of date, i.e., there was a newer version available. The program will let you downoad the latest version, and for these 4 that is just what I did.

I had others that were out of date, bue elected not to upgrade them for various reasons. Those of you who follow this blog know very well why I updated the 4 programs mentioned above.

As always, when downloading and installing programs, PLEASE read each page before clicking on Next. Be sure you aren't also downloading a Yahoo Toolbar or other such worthless programs. These companies have deals whereby one will support, and try to get installed ($$), useless add-ons from the other company.

 FileHippo.com Update Checker

No comments:

Post a Comment