Wednesday, February 24, 2010

AVG Free Anti-virus

Just to clarify, I have nothing against the technical quality of AVG Free, and for those of you who have it, there is no reason to rush into something new like MSE.

I now recommend MSE as my anti-virus of choice. Like AVG Free, it is also free. There the similarity ends. I have often felt bad for all of you who followed my advice and went with AVG Free. The reason I felt bad was not the quality of the AVG Free product, we were all protected, but rather their incessant annoying marketing tactics that they used to try to get all of us to upgrade to their fee product. I think some of you even gave in to their undue pressure and signed up for the fee-bases professional version. If you did hat, I feel really bad about it.

MSE comes from Microsoft, and let's face it, they are the ones who know our operating environment better than any other company. They have come up with a product, MSE, that fits in so well with the Windows environment. I have been using it for several months now, and find it to be a very lean, clean, unobtrusive product.

I think MS has a real winner in MSE, and I would encourage all of you to look into it and consider it as your next anti-virus program. I don't think you'll be disappointed. It is a very easy product to install, and I find their optional settings easy to understand and change.

No comments:

Post a Comment