Friday, July 15, 2011

There are lots of pluses to Google’s new social networking site

I got myself a Google+ account a few days ago. As with most things Google comes out with, I tread lightly until I am sure I know what I am doing. I have no real experience yet, and I am not interested in yet another "time sink", as Hiawatha Bray, the author and Boston Globe Staff Writer says below. I have 8 invitations. If you'd like one, please write me.

"I thought Google was supposed to make our lives simpler. Instead, the giant Internet search service has come up with Google+, an impressive new social network that is rapidly becoming another time sink in my too-busy life.

It was easy to ignore Google’s earlier social network efforts. The Orkut service did fine in Brazil and India, but nowhere else. Last year’s Google Buzz began by violating the e-mail privacy of its users and went downhill from there.
But Google+, which launched on a trial basis a couple of weeks ago, has the makings of a first-rate social platform. Google is expanding the service slowly, mostly by invitations from those of us who have already gotten in, so it may take you awhile to score a ticket."


No comments:

Post a Comment