Friday, February 15, 2008

Comments?

I have been asked about why I have disabled comments (or replies, if you will) to my posts.

First, a blog is more like a diary where I post thoughts and, I hope, some useful information for you to consider. A blog is not, by definition, an interactive application, although some choose to allow comments on their blogs.

Second, I do not want to require userids and passwords (who needs another of those?), and I do not want to spend a lot of time moderating comments. Other users of blogs with comments allowed complain - a lot - about the spam they get in comments and the time they have to spend to monitor them.

Third, you can easily contact me on my web site if you wish by clicking on the Contact PC Doc link to the right of these posts under BLOGROLL.

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment