Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Making Windows XP last for another 6 years

I have a 4 year old desktop PC with a 2.8GHz Pentium 4 processor and 1GB of RAM. I suppose it's possible that I could encounter a motherboard failure of some sort that would cause me to rethink this, but at least for the moment I am planning on having this machine around for a while. I was greatly encouraged when I read an article in Computerworld that addressed the future of Windows XP. Do you know, for example, that XP will be supported by Microsoft through 2014? Check it out at this link: http://tinyurl.com/ypkgz. My machine does very well running Windows XP, but even if it were easy and possible to upgrade this machine to Vista, I know it just doesn't have the necessary resources to run Vista as efficiently as it runs XP.

No comments:

Post a Comment