Monday, April 20, 2009

CCleaner’s Registry Feature

I have never recommended, and I am NOT recommending now, the Registry feature of CCleaner. Registry Cleaning is not for the inexperienced, so beware and don't say you weren't warned about this.

CCleaner's Cleaner feature does an excellent job of cleaning your hard drive of unnecessary files, but I have never extensively tested their Registry feature. I therefore cannot recommend it to you. I use a registry cleaner program in my PCDoc business that is much more comprehensive and tested (by me) in many uses. Registry cleaning is something that is not recommended for the casual user, so be careful.

The Piriform company's CCleaner Cleaner feature does an excellent job of cleaning, but I am just not sure about their registry cleaning feature, so I suggest you leave that for the pros.

registry-cleaner.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment