Friday, April 24, 2009

Outlook Question

I have a customer who, like me, uses Outlook for his e-mail. Note that I said Outlook and not Outlook Express. These are two different Microsoft products.

Outlook Express, known as Windows Mail in Vista, is a freebie that is an integrated part of the operating system. Outlook on the other hand, is a product that is a part of Microsoft's Office package, or at least some versions of Office.

The customer wanted to know how to back up his e-mail and even more importantly, his address book.

He was pleasantly surprised when I told him that in Outlook all of his e-mail and all of his contacts (address book) are kept within one file. I told him the name of the file (outlook.pst) and told him where to find it. He followed my directions, found the file, and copied it to his flash drive.

Backup of all e-mail and address book done in one, simple quick step!! If you have Outlook and don't back up this file and need some help, just write me.

No comments:

Post a Comment