Thursday, July 28, 2011

Browser Wars: Chrome vs IE9 vs Firefox

I see these comparisons quite frequently. I don't really know to whom these performance data mean anything. They mean little to me. I am a Firefox user and don't really have anything against IE. In fact, I have IE9 and it is quite impressive. I left IE because Firefox was less likely to be attacked by hackers. There was a time, and maybe it's still here, when the IE installation numbers were so much greater than Firefox, and now Chrome, that the hackers didn't bother us Firefox users. Why trouble a handful of people when you can get so many more while attacking IE users, was the logic of the day.

So I am not sure there is any longer a greater danger using IE, and Microsoft has put so much effort into improving security in IE that I suspect it is just as safe as Firefox in that regard.

Chrome? I just don't like it. I am a big Google faan, but their refusal to make Chrome so unique that they can't even provide a left hand side of the screen Bookmarks list, the way every other browser does, was enough to help me quickly forget Chrome. So admittedly that is my bias and I am unlikely to become a Chrome lover.

The article provides lots of technical data, and perhaps some of you will learn something and maybe make a decision based on what you learn. As for me, I will stick with Firefox for now.

From Pcmag.com, Browser Wars: Chrome vs IE9 vs Firefox

No comments:

Post a Comment