Tuesday, July 26, 2011

MVPS HOSTS file for July available now

The MVPS HOSTS file for July is available now. Do yourself a BIG favor now and download it and install it. This one action can help keep you from becoming infected with one of those ROGUE programs that are so widespread these days and about which I write so often. You can download the new HOSTS file here:


Remember to update and run a Spybot scan before you do the install.

Also, if you have not run the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool yet this month, this might be a good idea to do that. Remember to run a FULL scan.  (START/RUN/MRT).

For those of you who may be new to this HOSTS file thing, I once wrote up instructions on how to download and install the MVPS HOSTS file. There were 5 blog posts that cover the subject, the and first is at:


If you go to the first post you'll find the other 4. I think I wrote them up on 5 consecutive days.

Also, for those of you who are not familiar with the HOSTS file, please note that I consider it a very essential part of a good baseline security package I hope most of my readers have implemented by now. To review my recommended baseline security package, consisting of all FREE programs, check this out:

No comments:

Post a Comment