Monday, April 4, 2011

Security Baseline

From time to time I refer to my security baseline. My security baseline is merely a list of programs I use (all free) and recommend for anyone to use to keep their systems secure. This applies to YOU if you use Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7.

Remember, all of these products are FREE, but will do as good a job as any fee products you may use. I make that statement based on many years of experience.

1. Microsoft Security Essentials - V2 now available. If you have V1, upgrade now  (FREE!)
2. Windows Firewall
3. MVPS HOSTS File - download the current month's version and update monthly
4. CCleaner - check for newer version than you may already have. Run weekly.
5. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - run bi-weekly
6. SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition - run bi-weekly in the off week after #5
7. Spybot Search & Destroy - run monthly just before downloading new HOSTS file

Questions?  Comment below or write me, pcdoc at brpcdoc dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment