I think every few months or so I should publish this post, especially for those of you who may be new viewers. For those of you who are familiar with my security baseline, I continue to use the same portfolio of free products I used months ago. There are no changes.
I hope you are using these programs. Keep them updated before running!
From time to time I refer to my security baseline.
My security baseline is merely a list of programs I use (all free)
and recommend for anyone to use to keep their systems secure. This
applies to YOU if you use Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7. I do not yet have experience with Windows 8.
Remember, all of these products are FREE, but will do as good a job as any fee products you may use. I make that statement and stand by it based on 45 years of experience with computers.
1. Microsoft Security Essentials. This is a very impressive anti-virus program and can replace any you have now. DOWNLOAD HERE
2. Windows Firewall (Standard part of your operating system. Check the Security Center to be sure it is on.)
3. MVPS HOSTS File - download the current month's version and update monthly DOWNLOAD HERE
4. CCleaner - check for newer version than you may already have. Run weekly. DOWNLOAD HERE by clicking on Download Latest Version in the upper right hand corner of the page.
5. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - run bi-weekly. DOWNLOAD HERE
6. SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition - run bi-weekly in the off week after #5. DOWNLOAD HERE
7. Spybot Search & Destroy - run monthly just before downloading new HOSTS file. I recommend, for now, downloading Version 1.6.2 under "old versions". DOWNLOAD HERE
I will be happy to assist you with any or all of the above installations. This can be done remotely.
Questions? Comment below or write me, pcdoc at brpcdoc dot com