Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Windows XP Service Pack 3

XP SP3 is available starting today at Windows Update. It is NOT yet being downloaded through Automatic Updates - fortunately! :-) I went to the Windows Update web site and although they make it very difficult to say "Don't ask me to install these updates again", I managed to do so by starting the download and then NOT agreeing with the End User License Agreement (EULA). When I declined to agree, I got the old window that enabled me to check the box as shown below:

Decline XP SP3


Since this is not being 'forced' on us through Automatic Updates - YET! - I wanted to see if I could block it, and as you can see I did just that. You can do the same or watch this site for further information. You can always block it even after it is downloaded as an Automatic Update.

No comments:

Post a Comment