Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Learning Teacher

It's a very ancient saying,
But a true and honest thought,
That if you become a teacher,
By your pupils you'll be taught.

Thank you Oscar Hammerstein!

I have learned a lot, especially recently it seems, from working with you, my customers. and for that I am grateful and glad that I am still capable of learning.

I have learned that SuperAntispyware is as good as, if not better than, Spybot.

I have learned that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is better than SuperAntispyware.

I have learned that RAM (computer memory) can be purchased at rock bottom prices from Crucial.com, and that the site crucial.com has a nice little applet that you download and it will scan your system, tell you what you have for memory, and show you the possibilities of upgrading, right along with the lowest memory prices I've ever seen.

The rogue programs that several of you have seemed to "acquire" on your systems lately have proven to me that stronger malware detection and removal tools are the order of the day. These rogue programs are particularly vicious and damaging to our systems.

The above-mentioned programs are all free. There's no need that I know of yet to purchase any "professional" versions. Next time I see you ask me about these newer, more powerful tools or go ahead and try them out yourself.

In any case, please heed my words to arm yourself with a complete security package. Mine is changing and now includes:

Windows Firewall

Windows Defender

AVG Free Anti-virus Version 8

Hosts File found at http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

CCleaner

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Super AntiSpyware

Spybot

These last three may seem redundant, but until I am convinced that that is the case, I will continue to use all. I may run AdAware once a month or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment