Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Future of Windows XP

Most all of you readers run Windows XP on your machines. There are two related articles on the ComputerWorld web site on XP that should be of interest to us all.

While the title of the first article may sound scary, fear not. As I have always indicated on this blog, if my hardware doesn't fail, I will most likely be using XP until 2014. The second article explains how we can continue to use it even past that year and into 2016.

The only thing that will change my mind is a really good new operating system from Microsoft. Vista is not that, and from what I have seen so far, Windows 7 is not going to be the one to change my mind either.

Microsoft moving XP into reduced-support phase on Tuesday


How to make Windows XP last for the next seven years


IT pros prefer old XP over new Windows 7, survey says

No comments:

Post a Comment