Monday, February 22, 2010

Please take heed and secure your system now!

 
I never have problems with viruses or malware or rogue programs. I use all FREE programs to secure all of my systems. These are the programs I use, and for faithful followers, please note that I am making some changes. 
  1. Microsoft Security Essentials
  2. Windows Firewall
  3. MVPS HOSTS File
  4. CCleaner
  5. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  6. SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition
  7. Spybot Search & Destroy
MSE replaces AVG Free Anti-virus. MSE replaces Windows Defender.
The MVPS HOSTS file is not a nicety. It is a MUST, and must be kept up to date - by you checking every couple of weeks or monthly for an updated HOSTS file. CCleaner should be run weekly, alternate running Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware weekly, run Spybot once a month, or when you see items found in either of the two above programs.


1 comment:

  1. Tom, Thanks for this new Security list. I have un-installed AVG and Windows Defender and use MSE. I like MSE, it is easy to use, simple and unobtrusive. (I also un-installed ZoneAlarm and now use Windows Firewall.) I like reducing the number of programs I have to maintain! Windows XP now starts and shutdowns quicker - a good thing! I use all the programs in your Security list.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete