Thursday, April 22, 2010

Buggy McAfee update whacks Windows XP PCs

Those of you who follow this blog know how I feel about McAfee and Norton and most other fee anti-virus programs. I don't like them because they are HUGE and SLOW and DIFFICULT to work with, and try to uninstall one of them sometime! It's no wonder that these companies provide (at no charge) special programs that will uninstall their mess.

I am still very happy with Microsoft's Security Essentials (MSE). It's free, it has low overhead, and after several months it is still doing what it is meant to do - keep my systems virus-free. I have now installed it on many of my customers' machines, and will continue to do so. For those of you who have not been following my blog but who might see this, I dropped AVG Free maybe 6 months ago in favor of MSE.

No comments:

Post a Comment