Tuesday, August 23, 2011

CCleaner for Mac

I have been using my Apple Macbook Pro 17 a lot lately, and I always have a funny feeling when I do. I have spent most of the last 40 years being concerned, to varying levels, about security on computers. So it comes as no surprise that I have developed my Security Baseline for PCs. But in Apple's world where they tell me they are immune to viruses and rogue programs, I just can't help feel that one day that will all change. So I guess I won't rest easy until I eventually see (as I believe I will) an equivalent Apple version of all of the program functions provided by my Security Baseline for all of you PC users.

So I was happy to see that there is a version of CCleaner for Macs, and I downloaded it, installed it, and ran it as quickly as I could. Now CCleaner is not really a security program per se, but it cleans out a lot of the junk that accumulates on our systems, and I believe this is a good thing and a part of an overall security system.

So all of you Mac users, visit this site, http://www.piriform.com/mac/ccleaner, and get yourself a very lean, neat system cleaner and give it a try. Run the Analyze step first to see just what it will delete from your system, and then run the Clean portion of your program. Run it weekly and it'll take a minute or less each time and go a long way to keeping your system clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment