Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Users desert Windows XP in near-record numbers

The first sentence says it all for me: "Exodus accelerates over last four months as users move to Windows 7".

Well, golly, who'd guess that our old XP iron is getting tired, new PCs are amazingly affordable, Christmas was somewhere in that last 4 months, and so many people have outgrown their machine bought back some years ago with an XP that was a mere shadow of what it is today.

Anyway, that is my opinion. I am down to one XP machine, and it too is getting tired. It shows this with issues or problems that I have never seen before. Fortunately for me, I am experienced enough to figure these out and to keep "old faithful" running. I realize that for many/most of you the easiest way out is to buy one of the new inexpensive machines and to move on to Windows 7. Some have even abandoned their XP machine in favor of a smartphone and/or a tablet. 


As for me, I am getting to be a tightwad in my old age, and I plan to try to stick it out with my IBM desktop PC, running XP, as my primary device. Of course, there's always my MacBook Pro laptop, running some strange and completely different operating system, that I use most every day!

Exodus accelerates over last four months as users move to Windows 7

No comments:

Post a Comment