Saturday, June 29, 2013

Windows 8

Okay, perhaps it's a little early to christen Microsoft's Windows 8 as the heir-apparent to its Vista operating system.

Microsoft hears the complaints loud and clear and is doing what it can to avoid another total disaster. For those of you already suffering with Windows 8 you might be interested in this PCmag.com article.

How to Upgrade to the Windows 8.1 Preview

 As for me, my laptop runs Windows XP and my desktop runs Windows 7. I like them both very much. I intend to keep running XP for as long as the hardware lasts. As most know, Microsoft will stop adding updates to Windows XP in April 2014. Won't that be loverly? Just imagine, no more annoying and nagging reminders that you have updates to run! I love the thought, and just hope that the old iron keeps chugging along.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment