Monday, October 21, 2013

The Best Android Phones

I can't believe that I don't own a smartphone yet. It just boils down to the monthly charges for a smartphone. Right now I pay $35 a month to Verizon for virtually unlimited voice and text messaging. I just don't see the value - again for me - in doubling that fee or worse for the benefits I'd get. What surprises me is that I do like being out there on the technology curve and reaping the benefits. I guess in my old age I just struggle with the costs. Add to that the costs of cable, high speed internet, and land line and it gets rather ridiculous.

Nonetheless I have decided that if I do take the plunge it will be to an Android phone, and thus this post meant for me and like-minded others.

This article comes from pcmag.com.

"These days, it seems like there's always a smarter, faster, bigger Android phone on the horizon.
 
Google's mobile operating system has managed to capture a record 80 percent share of the global smartphone OS market, according to research firm Strategy Analytics. That's thanks to Android's competitive licensing costs, a large, ever-growing app store, and numerous hardware partners—HTC, LG, Motorola, Samsung, and others offer multiple Android handsets on each carrier.

And that's one of the best things about Android: Choice. At any given time, on Verizon Wireless alone, there are at least 20 different Android handsets to choose from. AT&T sells just as many, and Sprint, T-Mobile, and the regional carriers also offer plenty of choices these days. But how do you decide on the right one?"
                                                            Read more.....

No comments:

Post a Comment