Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Windows 8.1 Update

After 2 months on my new Dell Inspiron 15R and using Windows 8, I decided today was the day to do the update to Windows 8.1. Technically the update was perfect. There were no glitches. 

However, the process took about 2.5 hours. It was painfully slow. Did I say it was slow? It was awful. I couldn't stand how long it took, and I didn't even sit around and watch it for the first hour and a half. I returned to the machine when, as it turned out, there was about an hour left in the process.

I have absolutely no idea why it should have taken so long. At least it was free. Now to see what the differences are. Truth be told, I did it today because I am excited about the prospects of the update described in my last post below. I assume that will require 8.1 as a prerequisite. Also, I needed to be able to understand this update experience for others who might be considering it and who might seek my help.

No comments:

Post a Comment