Friday, November 13, 2009

AVG Free Version 9

AVG is still free. I had a call earlier today from a customer who was having trouble entering his credit card information in the AVG ordering process. I was very upset. I am so upset with AVG for their aggressive marketing technique, scaring people into buying their product. Shame on them!

AVG is still free. Rather than risk getting to the wrong page on AVG's own web  site, download it at http://filehippo.com or http://download.com.

In both cases search for AVG FREE, with the emphasis on the word FREE! Do not be led into buying their for-a-fee version.

PLEASE do not ever pay for any version of AVG anti-virus. If/when the FREE version is withdrawn, you'll hear it from me here, and I will be quick to point you to another free anti-virus.

2 comments:

  1. Tom, What version of AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition are you using? I am running 9.0.716. DOWNLOAD.COM has 9.0.704. I wonder how I got 716. Do you think 716 is OK? For the past 2 weeks, everytime I start Windows I get a message from ZoneAlarm (firewall) that "Prevalence reporter" (avgcmgr.exe) is trying to access the Internet. This is strange.
    Thanks, Joan

    ReplyDelete