Friday, March 5, 2010

Remote Support

With all the traveling around I have been doing lately, I am going to start utilizing remote support more frequently, instead of making house calls. The only prerequisite to me being able to support you remotely is that you be able to connect to the internet. If you can do that, then I can support you. I have found that the most successful remote calls happen when we are also connected by phone. The usual sequence is that I will call you at your computer and we will stay on the phone for the duration, although I do not need you to stay on the phone if you have something else to do. We do need to talk while I connect to your computer, and this takes about 5 minutes. Once I have control of your PC I can go about doing my business, while you go about yours, if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment