Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Windows 7 Users ‘Very Satisfied,’ but Consumers Still Love XP

This Wall Street Journal article is consistent with the way I feel and what I have been saying. We all love Windows XP. I could add, for those of us who have or who have had Vista, I'd guess most of us hate Vista. As reported earlier, I had purchased a Vista laptop way back when so I could learn it, teach it, and support it, but believe me folks, Vista is a dog! If someone were to offer me a free Vista machine, I would want to run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor on it to make sure the machine could run Windows 7 before I accepted the gift! Yes, Vista is THAT bad.

As posted much earlier on this blog, Microsoft will be supporting Windows XP until 2014, but there is no reason why one couldn't run it beyond that date. If you are an XP user, do be sure to upgrade to SP3 and keep your XP current with updates. And do yourself a favor and upgrade to 2GB of RAM or more if you are not already there.

Finally, I am still very satisfied with Windows 7. I would tell you unequivocally that you should NOT shy away from Windows 7. If you need a new machine, you WANT it to have Windows 7.

Then of course, there are hose who would rather have OS/X, but  that's another story!

No comments:

Post a Comment