Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Microsoft Update

Last night before bed I noticed the system tray icon indicating there were updates ready for me to install. I looked into it and found there were 17 updates. 8 of these were for MS Office and 8 were for Windows 7. The 17th was the monthly Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT). I installed all 17 updates, rebooted, and then went immediately to download the June MSRT so I could run it full scan, a practice I have gotten into lately. As of this moment I am not really sure this isn't a waste of time, but I view it as a painless and free extra bit of security (an ounce of prevention as it were).

This morning I found the usual window indicating no problems were found, so that makes me feel good, but this month I intend to read up on MSRT and see if what I do is worth it. In the meantime I continue to recommend that you do his too.

No comments:

Post a Comment