Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tuning your system with the System Configuration Utility (MSCONFIG)

When I wrote up the accompanying document for this post, it was written for Windows XP. However, if you have Vista or Windows 7 you too will find this guide easy to follow and use. If something seems amiss it might be because you are using Vista or W7, but for the most part I think you'll find this guide something you can follow. One big change is that the referenced web site, Castlecops, is no longer available. If you do a Google search for STARTUP PROGRAMS you will find several other good web sites that will serve you well. Here is one: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/

The System Configuration Utility, an easy to use program in Windows,  will take you one step closer to having a well-tuned Windows system. I use it every time I visit a customer's home or office as a part of my system tune-up process.

No comments:

Post a Comment