Friday, July 8, 2011

Rootkits

I can't believe it was almost 2 years ago that I wrote this first blog post about rootkits, but here it is:

Rootkits - Be afraid, be very afraid

So  there it is, what I believe was my first warning about rootkits.

Today I was reading Kim Komando's web site, as I do every day, and saw a tip of the day article titled ""Removing an indestructible virus"". It is a very interesting and informative article for those of you who may be having system problems and aren't afraid to take them on yourself. If you are afraid, please call me.

Curious, I downloaded Bit Defender's free TDL-4 rootkit removal program here. This program was quick to download, easy to install, and ran quickly. It is only looking for one thing, and that is the rootkit TDL-4, On my system it found nothing, glad to say, but gave me peace of mind.

So hats off to Kim Komando for informing us all with such a good article about rootkits, and many, many thanks to Bit Defender for providing us with such a valuable tool, and best of all it's free!

No comments:

Post a Comment