Thursday, May 3, 2012

Dell Launches Ivy Bridge-powered Desktops, Laptops

I publish this mostly for myself! What? Yes, it's true, and it's true because I would love one of these machines. I think Dell is a good name, and I think the new Intel Ivy Bridge technology is the cat's meow. So, if I could just find a buyer for my Apple MacBook Pro 17" laptop, fully loaded, I would be a very happy man with a new Dell desktop PC powered by the new Intel technology. Sigh. If only.

This comes from maximumpc.com.

"Having begun the week with the launch of Ivy Bridge-powered Alienware gaming notebooks, Dell on Wednesday added four more Ivy Bridge systems to its portfolio. Among these new PCs are the vendor’s first desktops with 3rd generation Intel Core i processors. Hit the jump for more.

The XPS 8500 and Vostro 470 mini-tower desktops are now available with 3rd generation Intel Core i processors, the company announced on Wednesday. The most basic XPS 8500 model features a Core i5-3450 (3.10GHz to 3.50GHz) processor and has a price tag of $749. All the other models contain the much more capable Core i7-3770 (3.40GHz to 3.90GHz) chip. Other key specs include Windows 7 Home Premium, up to 16GB RAM, a maximum of 2TB HDD with 256GB SSD, and up to AMD Radeon HD 7770 graphics with 2GB GDDR5 video memory."

No comments:

Post a Comment