Friday, November 30, 2012

Laptop Buyers Should Pay Some Attention to the Chromebook

From David Pogue of the NYT, this enlightening article is well worth reading. When I first heard of the concept of the Chromebook I was very excited and thought I would like it. That was a few years ago and I guess something, maybe the original model's price, turned me off. Now there are two new models, one at $250 & the other at $199 made, respectively, by Samsung and Acer.

I have lots of experience with Acer, I am typing this now on my Acer laptop. However, after reading David's article, I think I would spend $50 more for the Samsung.

If you are thinking laptop or tablet, take a look at these machines after reading David's article.

Be sure to read it twice before deciding. Note that there is no hard drive, but that's okay (maybe even better) because of the cloud space Google includes in the offering price.

Laptop Buyers Should Pay Some Attention to the Chromebook

No comments:

Post a Comment