Thursday, November 29, 2012

Microsoft: 40M Windows 8 licenses 'in line' with early Win 7 sales

This is mind-boggling to me. I realize this number must include all new PCs, but still, do the PC sellers really believe they will sell 40 million PCs over the Christmas season or shortly thereafter? I guess the answer must be "yes, they do".

Well, dear readers, it looks like your old PC Doc will be falling behind. I jumped right on the Windows 7 bandwagon in its infancy, but I will not be one of those who can't wait to get his hands on Windows 8. My brand new ZT desktop PC came with W7 but also with an option to buy Windows 8 for around $15. I am not ready, however, to take a chance on messing up my new machine, and I am 99% certain my sole surviving laptop, running XP, won't be able to run Windows 8. Besides, it's a matter of pride with me to make my Windows XP installation and machine last to at least April 2014, the month when XP support is withdrawn by Microsoft.

The title of this post is of an article on computerworld.com today, but I won't bother to include a link to it. It's self-explanatory. It's also unbelievable to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment