Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Complaints Board

Kim Komando was really lambasting RegCure in today's Tip of the Day column titled "A Bad way to fix your registry". She seemed quite upset, so I thought I'd do a little investigating. She referred to a web site I had not heard of before but which I find very interesting. It is called Complaints Board. Check it out and maybe you will also find it useful.

I am aware of the fact that some of you use RegCure. If you go to this Complaints Board web site and search on RegCure you'll find 719 complaints (as of this writing) from people who don't like it!

I also don't like it and have never used it for the simple reason that their trial version has limited capability, meaning usually that they will do a teaser scan saying you have so many problems, but if you want to fix them you have to pay their fee. I personally consider this a scam, and would not buy it for that reason.

If you really want to try a registry scanner, tomorrow I will name one that I use on all of my customer calls. You can download their full-function version for free usage for 30 days! Now that is a trial I can live with. In fact I liked it so much that I bought the product. Tune in tomorrow for my registry cleaner recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment