Wednesday, May 26, 2010

And the answer is...............


TuneUp Utilities.

I do not like to pay for software any more than I have to. I avoid fee-based software as much as possible. My recommended security suite consists of all free programs, and that is what I use. Please see Please take heed and secure your system now! to review the programs in my recommended security suite.

TuneUp Utilities is a fee-based program. I just checked at their web site and the going retail price today is $49.95 for a copy that may be used on 3 systems. I don't like this one bit, but I have to tell you that it is worth it, especially if you are a hands-on, fairly technically savvy user. Two pieces of good news: one, they seem to be always having sales and you can buy it for less if you watch for sales, and two, you can download and install the full package with full functions absolutely free for 30 days.

Whenever I work on your systems either at your home or at mine, I use TuneUp Utilities to clean your registry and I use many other of its functions. You see, this is not a one trick pony. TuneUp Utilities does many things and does them all well. Before you decide to purchase TuneUp Utilities, you should also know that this German company has of late been coming out with annual versions, and they charge you again, but at a much lower rate (like maybe $19.95) to upgrade from one version to another, for example the 2009 version to the 2010 version. However, it is not all bad news: the differences from one year to the next might not be dramatic, and the old version will continue to do its thing as long as you have it. It's just that somewhere down the road you might want to invest in an update to get enhanced features.

Okay, Ive already gone on too long. Send me a personal note at pcdoc at brpcdoc dot com if you have questions.



No comments:

Post a Comment