Tuesday, June 21, 2011

CDS Parts

CDS Parts bills itself as the place to go for "hard to find notebook & laptop replacement parts".

Most of those of you who know my PC services know that I am pretty much a software guy and I don't normally like to dismantle laptops. Desktops, I will work on those, but laptops are a whole different breed. If you take a laptop apart, you'd better read and then reread the instructions before putting screw driver to screw. One false move and you might as well salvage your hard drive and scrap the rest.

I have been tempted to take my Acer Aspire 5100 laptop apart to fix a faulty left "mouse" key built in on the touchpad. I communicated with CDS after reviewing what I thought were my options. I had two wonderful e-mails as a fellow named Chad from CDS responded to my inquiries. He seemed very knowledgable and replied quickly to my notes. I was very impressed by this level of customer service, sorely lacking in so many companies today. I have not yet done any business with CDS, mostly because I am a little nervous about the tasks that lie ahead if I try to fix this problem myself. If I do decide to proceed as a DIY project, I will definitely deal with CDS Parts based solely on the way Chad handled my inquiries. I do not hesitate at all to recommend CDS to you too, should you find yourself needing "hard to find notebook & laptop replacement parts".

Thank you CDS.

No comments:

Post a Comment