Tuesday, December 15, 2009

MSE

Microsoft Security Essentials, that is. A while back I said that I had installed it on my Windows 7 machine as an experiment. It was very easy to install and so far seems trouble-free. I have also installed it on a customer's Vista machine, and likewise, a very easy install and seems to run well and SEEMS to do the job. I capitalized the word seems because I don't feel that I have enough experience to recommend it to anyone - yet.

So if you have been waiting for my comments on this product, I'd ask you to wait for a more definitive recommendation down the road a piece. If on the other hand you are anxious to try it out and ready to do so, I would not discourage you. As a security package, it has these things going for it: it is easy to install, it does in fact keep itself up-to-date, it seems to have less overhead than say Norton or McAfee, and it is free!

No comments:

Post a Comment